Legitimate pumpkin chai. LEGITIMATE. Thank you, Foodie with Family!
For the pumpkin spice base:
1 cup pumpkin puree
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 pinch salt
For the pumpkin chai latte:
2 tbsp pumpkin spice base
1 cup almond milk (or whichever “milk” you prefer!)
1 chai tea bag (of your preferred spicy variety)
To make the base:
- Mix ingredients together evenly until darkened.
- Scrape into jar or tupperware with a tight fitting lid and store in the fridge.
- Good for 2 weeks :}
To make the latte:
- Brew about a 1/2 cup (4 oz) of chai tea. Let it sit while you prepare your pumpkin milk (~5 minutes).
- Blend pumpkin base and milk in a saucepan on medium-high heat.
- Stir occasionally with a whisk or fork and let it froth. Take care not to let it overboil!
- Pour the milk over the tea, and remove the tea bag (so as not to overbrew and make bitter your delicious concoction).
- Devour as is or doused with whipped cream.
Enjoy with a big fat SMILE.